Showdown looms in Nyamira County Assembly as the Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) party changes representation in the house.
In the letter addressed to the Assembly Speaker Moffat Teya recently, by the majority deputy whip Lilian Nyamweya announced the changes.
Nyamira County Assembly NASA coalition has this evening kicked out its majority leaders Duke Oyagi Masira.
“We do notify your office as NASA coalition that changes have been made in the office of the leader of the majority.
I reference to outgoing Hon. Duke Oyagi Masira -MCA Township Ward and incoming new majority leader Daniel Raban Bernards Masira, MCA Nyamaiya Ward as our new leader of the majority in Nyamira County.
- Kenyans urged to embrace political tolerance ahead of polls
- Family full of Joy as Police commander and Okengo Nyambane complete building them houses .
- Nasa alliance has outlived its purpose Says ANC leaders as they call for walkout .
- Amani party leader calls for careful vetting of IEBC commissioners .
- There is need to restore the economy in gusii region says Okengo .
Kindly make necessary to this effect to enhance on service delivery for the party and Nyamira County citizens,” stated the letter.
According to an MCA who sought anonymity said that the deal to topple the Township Ward MCA was sealed on Monday at a meeting held between the NASA affiliated parties at Itibo resort in Kisii County.
The letter received by the speaker Thursday evening did not give reasons for the ouster though an insider hinted that the outgoing leader had misrepresented the party in the assembly, failing in his roles among other reasons
Duke Masira was elected on an Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) party ticket.