United States Ambassador to Kenya H.E. Kyle McCarter has said devolution has set major milestones in Kisii County. While complementing the milestones the Kisii government has made in the upgrade of Kisii teaching and referral hospital.
The Ambassador who visited the Facility accompanied by the county officials appreciated the role of devolution which has brought more changes in improving health sector more so in Kisii county.
While appreciating the achievement through projects and services, the Ambassador singled out the mother Child hospital as an one of the greatest achievement.
- Students reject to apply bursaries online citing their data will not be safe.
- Questions as couple is burnt to death in mysterious fire in Kisii
- Maangi believes he has all it takes to be the next Governor of Kisii county.
- Kenyans urged to embrace political tolerance ahead of polls
- Let’s join hand to support needy students stakeholders urged as 160 students benefit from Wings to fly In Kisii county .
“We are here today to strengthen our friendship with the people of Kisii County and further our future engagements, “said the ambassador.
The team was taken through the major hospital milestone projects such the upgraded radiology unit which is now equipped with; the 64 slice CT-Scan, the MRI, Digital X-Ray and the Mammography.
He toured the mother Child hospital facility department which is under construction.
The hospital Chief Executive Officer (CEO) DR. Enock Ondari said the entourage on the importance of the mother-child hospital.
He noted that the MCH as it will offer dedicated and holistic healthcare
services to mothers and children, once completed, in about 18 months.