Sironga Girls Secondary school Deputy Principal Mary Iroobiro has cleared the air over the fate of the school as rumours which have run for two years now suggested that the school could soon wind up to pave way for a University in the same compound.
Ms.Iroobiro said the School which was elevated to a National school few years ago has no plans and will not wind up any time soon.
The teacher who spoke to media in the principal’s office Monday confirmed that the rumours had affected the intake of form one students in the second year now.
- Kangaroo courts,Chiefs hinders conviction of defilement Perpetrators says Janet.
- Defilement cases major concern made during (POMAC) meetings Says Dr Muriuki .
- Don’t be selective on which vaccine Kenyans should take Government urged .
- County to work closely with security officers to ensure defilement suspects are brought to book.
- A Police “Imposter” goes Rogue -Kisii
“The rumours of the school winding and paving way for a University has been in the public for two years consecutive now and it has in away reduced or demoralized those willing to learn in our school.
I want to confirm and clear the air that our school is here to stay and that we urge parents to bring their daughters here.We are not closing any time soon”, confirmed Iroobiro.
News of the school winding up spread last year where it was speculated that the school would phased out admission new students (Form Ones) and a University to occupy the ground.
Nyamira County currently does not have a single University or any branch of any local universities. Kisii University’s Nyamira Campus closed down two years ago after the Commission of University Education (CUE) closed satellite campus across the country.
CUE found that the campuses were offering substandard education or either operated below the required standards. Ms.Iroobiro was welcoming into office, the school’s new Principal Ms.Eve Adhiambo who took over from Rose Waswa.
- Keep of politics from examination says magoha as KCSE kicks.
- Profiling Kisii as Exam Cheating Hotspot will make student panic Says Bosire .
- M.P criticizes CS over cheating remarks.
Ms. Waswahas since been transferred after a two-year stay at the school.
Ms.Adhiambo comes from Friends Kamusinga Girls High School.
The school has no been doing well in the recent years an issue she says will change soon.
In 2019 KCSE, the school registered a mean of 7.0, coming third in Nyamira county. The new principal said that hers would be to put the school on the national schools map and improve the welfare of the school community.