The search for the body of a prisoner who escaped and threw himself in River Gucha is ongoing.
Jeremiah Obonka was swept away after he was over powered while trying to escape.
This is after an Ogembo Law court found him guilty over cattle theft and charged him for the offence by giving him a probation sentence.
Jeremiah later escaped when he was assigned on duty by the probation officer and the police officer in the court premises, this is when he ran downstream river Gucha and started swimming.
Kisii county commander Mr Jebel Nere confirmed that.
- Eight private schools closed in Kisii for non-compliance
- Prof. Ongeri’s tribute to Former President Moi on his demise
- MOI will be remembered for his core values in uniting Kenya; says Bosire
- Let’s involve all people on BBI and avoid political divisions DP Ruto urges
- Encourage youths to enroll TVET’s – parents told as Nyaore shines
- Hope for needy elderly, disabled as Local Youth foundation gives them hope