The search for the body of a prisoner who escaped and threw himself in River Gucha is ongoing.
Jeremiah Obonka was swept away after he was over powered while trying to escape.
This is after an Ogembo Law court found him guilty over cattle theft and charged him for the offence by giving him a probation sentence.
Jeremiah later escaped when he was assigned on duty by the probation officer and the police officer in the court premises, this is when he ran downstream river Gucha and started swimming.
Kisii county commander Mr Jebel Nere confirmed that.
- Mongare : Push election to 2024 ,First build the collapsing economy
- Residents set to benefit from Kegati water Project, receive water tanks .
- Matatu sector on the spot for ignoring guidelines to curb spread of COVID19.
- EQUITY RECOGNIZED AMONG THE BEST BANKS GLOBALLY
- County, national Government join hands to fight terrorism.
- Kisii county opens Daraja Mbili market urge trades to observe COVID 19 rules.