The American government will closely work with Nyamira county government to up pyrethrum trade. Speaking at the Nyamira county headquarters after holding a cordial meeting with the county governor, the United States Ambassador to Kenya His Excellency Kyle McCarter added that Nyamira has the potential to revive Pyrethrum farming among other Agricultural products that can sustain livelihood and business among the people.
“Nyamira has tremendous resources that it is endowed with that can help increase prosperity to the people. Pyrethrum growing and marketing will be revived and America will buy the product,” said Ambassador McCarter.
On his part, Nyamira County Governor John Nyagarama thanked the American government for the support it has given his government since the beginning of devolution in Kenya.
“Nyamira has continued to benefit from the support that the American Government has been giving us more so on Health and Agricultural sectors,” said the governor.
- Tea and coffee reforms are unstoppable, retaliates CS Dr. Matiang’i.
- New coffee regulations set to streamline sector, to benefit farmers.
- Conduct research on soil samples and produce fertilizers of quality to boost farming Manufactures urged as Yara launchs MiCROP fertilizer.
“ The American government has partnered with the county government of Nyamira directly or through other partnerships to expand economic cooperation, improved healthcare services and creation of jobs in line with our country’s big four Agenda,” added governor Nyagarama.
Through Afya plus programme, the American Government supported Nyamira county government by starting a HIV support programme, equipped ninety five health facilities with maternity equipment and further hired 146 health workers on contract which has since expired.
In 2018, it funded two container clinics, one situated at Nyamira county Hospital and another at Keroka.
Through the Human Resource for Health Kenya Mechanism Programme, the American government helped by funding on areas of planning and training, workers’ union training engagements and technical support in Human Resource management.
During the briefing, Ambassador McCarter promised to visit all the counties across the country and have a face to face conversation on matters economic uplifting of the people.
- Governor sends congratulations message to Quintuplets family .
- Father to Quintuplets appeal for help.
- stop shifting attention to 2022 elections, Citizen need services leaders Told.
- Discipline, dedication Makes Otundo to shine