Learners have been urged to embrace discipline for better academic performance as Kerongorori Mixed Secondary School in Bomachoge Chache shines as it takes 68 candidates to university.
Speaking during education day principal Tabitha Mogonchi said that the good result was out of good collaboration from the community, teachers parents and students.
MS Mogonchi said that if area residents embrace education, they can realize transformation in the community.
“We all know that it’s through education that we can eradicate poverty and transform the society, “she said.
- Embrace education to better your future says Prof Akama
- EDUCATION SPRING BOARD St Annes College Kisii transforming lifes
- Higher Learning Institution Review; Shape your career at St Ann’s College
Prof George Gongera challenged students to work diligently and post impressive performance.
He pleaded to the community to invest in education.
“We all know that education is a game changer in life. It is through education that we can bring changes in the society, “he said.
Area MP Prof Zadock Ogutu urged parents to work hand in hand with teachers for better results . The legislature reminded the learners to be focused in for better performance .
Currently the school has population of more than 1000 students, 40 teachers, 21 of whom are TSC employees while the remaining 19 are employed by the Board of Management.
- School from hell, daring MoE guidelines sending away pupils for underperforming
- UASU threatens to down tools over government’s delay in paying salaries to the staff.
- St. Charles Lwanga Nyansabakwa Boys’ school academic giant roaring back.
In last year ‘KSCE examination the school registered a mean Grade of 5.5.
Some of the challenges facing the school are infrastructure, congestion in Classes and dormitory, dinning hall, laboratory, library , land for expansion and many more.
The principal appealed to the government to help the school address some of the challenges.