Nyamira County has inaugurated the emergency response committee on the dreaded corona virus disease which the world health organization (WHO) has declared a global pandemic.
The Committee will be chaired by Governor John Nyagarama and County Commissioner Amos Mariba.
Other members in the committee will be the County Executive committee members (CECM) for; Health services, Finance and planning, Transport and public works, Education, the County secretary and County Police Commander.
Speaking during the inauguration of the committee in his office, Governor Nyagarama said that his government had identified Bombagi Health Centre in Township ward to serve as an isolation and quarantine center in any case of the emergence of the virus.
“The disease is a threat but I know we are up to the task and we can do what we can so that we can prevent it from attacking any of our residents”, said Nyagarama.
- Let’s join hand to support needy students stakeholders urged as 160 students benefit from Wings to fly In Kisii county .
- Gesami assumes DG roles despite assembly’s rejection, twice.
- Muslims celebrate Eid al Adha at homes due to Covid 19, as Tuana Yaren Foundation boasts them.
- Water vendor unable to pay sh 2 Million to secure discharge of daughter, appeals for help.
- Family full of Joy as Police commander and Okengo Nyambane complete building them houses .
The committee will be mandated to coordinate the county’s preparedness, prevention and response to the threat of this disease.
“We are calling everybody across the county to be vigilant, this cannot be done by a committee alone, this is everybody’s responsibility and report any suspicious case for preventive purposes”, he added.
Nyamira County Health Services ECM, Douglas Bosire said that the department was considering to avail isolation wards at the County’s referral facility.
He added that his department had received 25 sets of personal protection equipment for the health personnel to protect health workers from the national government.
“The department has already received 25 sets of personal protective equipment from the national government to protect the health workers and we are expecting 5,000 more sets from the national government.
Bosire asked the media to seek clarification from the committee so as the public is fed with the right information from the mandated body.
- Kitchen this week: Cooking beef at home
- Facts about Food poisoning
- How to slay a kimono
- Fruits of hardwork keeps me going in Comedy-Rose
- Avocado eating helps skin growth
The Ministry of Health has identified 14 counties at high risk of getting the disease.
Among the fourteen are Kisumu, Mandera, Busia, Migori and all those at the border and entry points like Mombasa.
The WHO is giving daily updates on the COVID-19. With Africa, having six Countries affected. Among them is Algeria which has the highest recorded cases at 20, South Africa (7), Senegal (4), Cameroon and Nigeria at (2) and Togo at 1 and Kenya 3.