The public health department in Nyamira County Wednesday commenced a one-week deworming exercise targeting all primary schools in the six sub counties.
Nyamira is among the 27counties conducting the deworming exercise for children aged between 2-14 years, in every primary schools.
Addressing the media at Nyamira primary school, Health Services Chief Officer Dr. Jack Magara, noted that the deworming exercise was being coordinated by the national government in partnership with the Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA) and the County Government of Nyamira
- Kitchen this week: Cooking beef at home
- Facts about Food poisoning
- How to slay a kimono
- Fruits of hardwork keeps me going in Comedy-Rose
Dr. Magara noted some Counties, mostly from the Central and North Eastern region, have totally contained the worms.
“Counties from Central like Murang’a, Kiambu, Nyeri, Laikipia and North Eastern’s Mandera and Garissa have managed to control the worms. We encourage our communities to embrace eating well cooked foods and wash hands after every toilet visit”, said Dr. Magara
- Nyamira county closes Mortuaries, Markets and other social entertainment to fight Covid19 virus
- Let us not pretend that there is no Corona- Bishop tells Christians’ to be vigilant
- Train both private and public medics on how to handle Covid19 emergency cases- government urged
Nyamira Kenya national union of teachers (KNUT) chairman Mr. Kennedy Nyamwanda asked the County government to consider donating at least three container taps to every primary school to encourage hand washing in the schools.
This, Nyamwanda noted, will help keep away the dreaded corona virus in case of an outbreak in the crowded schools.