There was mixed reaction after the Cabinet secretary for Health Mutahi Kagwe announced that among 14 cases which turned positive on Tuesday one case was from Kisii until Governor James Ongwae chipped in to clarify.
In the statement sent to news room Ongwae said that the case was not in Kisii but of a resident who had travelled from Dubai and was held in Nairobi immediately on arrival in Kenya.
” I wish to clarify that having consulted with the ministry of Health officials In Nairobi we found out that the said C0VID 19 positive case involves a person who is not currently a resident of Kisii county but whose home of origin is Kisii county ” Reads the statement
The Governor has called upon residents to be vigilant and always adhere to the Ministry of Health’s Directives.
“I ask our people to be alert and follow the guidelines stipulated by the Ministry of Health. Let’s work together in fighting this virus,” He added.
At the same time he said that they have put mini tanks towers across the streets of Kisii town to facilitate hand washing among members of the public.
Mutahi Kagwe announced 14 new cases, seven from Nairobi, Two from Mandera and Mombasa. Kisii, Machakos, and Kiambu have so far recorded only one new case.
The CS said the two cases from Mandera were travelers from Mombasa County. The president on Monday banned movements in and out of Nairobi, Mombasa, Kilifi, and Kwale.
The Total Number of Positive cases in Kenya has risen to 172. Already the Government has put in Drastic measures to curb further spread of the virus.